Here, the consumables are divided into 4 categories.
- Main meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner),
- Drinks (hot drinks & electrolyte tablets,
- Snacks (jerky, gels, sweats, GORP etc.) and
- Other (suncream, toilet paper etc.)
Most dehydrated food (we mostly used we use Mountain House) comes for 1 or 2 persons, we were a party of 3. This added a little complication and we ended up buying 3 foil packs for 2 people and redividing it into 2 zip-lock bags for 3 people. These zip-lock bags were then combined into a lok-sak bag to keep the odor down for the bears. This cut down on packaging, trash and having to divide-up food on the trail. For breakfast and our favorite raspberry crumble, a multiple portion bucket worked out much more economical.
Tea, coffee, hot chocolate plus Nuun electrolyte tablets.
Beef jerky, Sweets
Mozzie spray, Batteries, Fuel, Hand sanitizer, Toilet paper, Suncream
Consumables Resupply Packages
- 3x Breakfast, lunch & dinner for 3 days.
- 3x toilet rolls
- 3x suncream (100gm)
- 15x Gu gels
- 3x power bars
- 1bag GORP
- 3bag jerky
- 1x Nuun tube (~12)
- 25x boiled sweets
- 1x sugar/tea/coffee/hot chocolate
- 1x spare AAA battery
- 1x mosquito spray
- 1x fuel canisters (check with carrier and receiver about shipping fuel)