The prusick hitch is very similar to the klemheist hitch. Both these knots are gripping/sliding hitches typically tied with a loop of cord to grip a rope. In order for the hitch to grip, the hitch is tied using a slightly narrower gauge cord than the rope it is gripping. Can slide this knot along foundation, can hang things from it.
Tying the knot
- Take an end of the thiner cord loop
- Next, wrap it tightly inside the wider cord three or more times.
- Then cinch everything tight
- Apply a small load – pull the working end
- Finally, cinch and dress again
See here for knot terminology.